2020 has been a year-long collection of grievances, and TV was no exception. Though COVID ended lots of enterprise, leftist Hollywood has been in full power shoving its agenda down our throats. In honor of Festivus on December 23, we’ve once again gathered a listing of 2020 TV grievances to air in addition to feats of power and Festivus miracles.
Collect ‘around the Festivus pole and revel in a Festivus for the remainder of us!
Airing of Grievances
1. Sufficient with BLM. Ever because the George Floyd protests earlier this summer time, exhibits have been falling over one another to attempt to appease the Black Lives Matter crowd. Week after week through the fall season, we’ve been getting shows insisting that BLM are largely peaceable protesters preventing towards systemic racism and evil racist cops. If that wasn’t dangerous sufficient, we even have cop shows following the identical development. When you’re going to push radical beliefs on us, the least you possibly can do is just not humiliate long-running cop exhibits like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Curry: Since George Floyd, I’ve taken assertion after assertion from two sorts of cops: The baton swinging gladiators who take one take a look at me and may barely cover their disdain…
Benson: And I am sorry that you simply needed to expertise that.
Curry: And the well-intentioned, guardian cops who by no means see themselves as racist, however are in denial about their complicity within the systemic racism throughout the NYPD... Cops such as you, Captain Benson.
Benson: I am properly conscious there’s racism in NYPD.
Curry: And what about your personal bias?
Benson: I am not racist.
Curry: I am positive you are not, explicitly. However implicitly? When you grew up on this nation, it is in you and me. I wrestle every single day with my very own biases. For too many individuals, regulation enforcement has misplaced all credibility, and till each considered one of us takes a severe self-inventory, we won’t start to get it again.
2. Cease demonizing ICE. This was positively a behavior that didn’t enhance since 2019. Though the pro-illegal immigration message was side-lined this fall by BLM, that didn’t cease the primary half of 2020 from slamming immigration enforcement. We nonetheless bought the same old arguments from CW’s Roswell, New Mexico that border legal guidelines are arbitrary, from NBC’s Superstore that E-Confirm is “so unfair,” and from Starz’s Vida that Hispanic ICE brokers are race traitors. After they’re not whining about ICE, they’re claiming some empty platitude like “we’re all immigrants” as a protection for tipping off an unlawful immigration raid, like in Fox’s Deputy. Nobody would miss that in 2021.
Board Member #1: Sergeant Hollister’s storied historical past with this division is well-known to this board. Equally well-known is his historical past of recalcitrance, insubordination, and disrespect for the chain of command.
Board Member #2: Sergeant Hollister, let me make this clear for you. Did you or did you not warn residents of this group about our joint operation with ICE?
Sergeant Invoice Hollister: I’d’ve talked about it.
Board Member #1: Invoice, you jeopardized 30 million in federal grants.
Board Member #2: Who the hell do you assume you might be, Sergeant Hollister?
Hollister: I am a lawman. By no means took a dime. By no means put my fingers on someone until I needed to. By no means pulled the set off when there was one other means. You wanna hunt gangsters, human traffickers? Properly, I am your huckleberry. However you are asking me to tug households from their properties so you possibly can eat from the federal trough. When did you lose your means, Jerry?
Board Member #1: No less than I do know what century it’s.
Hollister: Properly, I swore the identical oath he did. I did not swear it to you. I swore it to them. And I do not give a pinch of dry turd how these of us bought right here. We’re all immigrants. I gave my phrase I would shield them. Even when it is defending them from you. This is the deal. You’ll be able to inform Sheriff Bradford if he needs my star, he is aware of the place to search out me.
3. Talking of horrible patterns, not solely did 2020 double down on sexualizing youngsters, we noticed a number of transgender youngsters as properly. Now we’ve got children as younger as six on exhibits like NBC’s Council of Dads declaring themselves to have been born the mistaken gender. Exhibits like The Babysitters’ Club on Netflix even circled to lecture docs for daring to query a toddler’s gender preferences. A lot for respecting science there. Apparently, we will’t let actual science get in the way in which of a sick fascination with getting children sexualized like in Netflix’s AJ and the Queen.
4. With that in thoughts, it is smart that one other grievance of 2020 consists of the degrading and erasing of faith. Exhibits like The New Pope on HBO and Filthy Rich on Fox thrived off insulting Christianity, however even non-religious exhibits went out of their strategy to insult or mock non secular conduct. Whether or not it was mocking ideas and prayers, like in NBC’s New Amsterdam, or praising atheism, like in HBO Max’s Raised by Wolves, there was no scarcity of hating God and His individuals even on the holiest days of the yr. The truth is, it nearly brings out the worst in individuals as seen by this express clip from Netflix’s F Is For Family.
Frank: “Goddamn son of a bitch. Coming right here making my children comfortable. ‘Oh, speak to God!’ Oh, what amusing! Simply sits there with His Son and the fucking Holy Ghost, considering He’s higher than me! It’s Frank Murphy calling! Why’d you carry that fucker again to me? I demand a solution! Aw, fuck all three of you!”
5. Please, please, please no extra election specials. Certain, 2021 will see fewer makes an attempt by celebrities to lecture us about voting, however actually, this development ought to finish right here and now earlier than the subsequent presidential election cycle begins. No extra solid reunions of The West Wing simply to lift cash for Democrats. No extra losing episodes of ABC’s The Conners to inform us how nice it’s to vote for Democrats. And positively no extra “non-partisan” exhibits that also inform us to vote for Democrat insurance policies. Kal Penn is proof that actors ought to simply follow performing.
Kal: After I had the prospect to e book you, this jogs my memory of this– a number of conversations I had with mates, proper? Mentioned, “I believe Secretary Clinton has agreed to affix us for our present.” There was lots of pushback from Democratic mates. Um, and I do know that you realize it is there. It is form of like, “Oh, she is perhaps too polarizing. “Do you–do you actually desire a polarizing visitor on–on an episode of this new present that is encouraging individuals to vote?” And I simply thought–I needed job you ways that makes you’re feeling, whether or not it is exhausting. As a result of to me, it is form of like how Kumail Nanjiani is getting all of the performing jobs now that he is ripped and means funnier than me. Uh, is that irritating? Is it exhausting? Or is that simply a part of how it’s?
Hillary Clinton: Now, why I’m polarizing? Properly, you realize, I am a form of pushy girl, should you actually cease to consider it. And I’ve additionally pushed onerous on lots of points that I care deeply about. You realize, again once I was First Girl, um, and was advocating for common healthcare, uh, I used to be burned in effigy. Now, was I polarizing as a result of I assumed all people within the nation ought to have entry to high quality, reasonably priced healthcare? Or was I the, you know– the figurehead, ah, that was then focused as a result of there are lots of actually highly effective pursuits who don’t desire us to have, uh, common healthcare, it doesn’t matter what you name it. Whether or not you name it common healthcare, Medicare for All, no matter you name it, there space lot of highly effective pursuits, ah, that do not need you to have it.
6. Lastly, we get to the one factor that would probably finish in 2021: the limitless Trump jabs. We get it, Trump is evil, Trump is a Bobo, Orange Man Bad. It’s not like that hasn’t been the message for the previous 4 years. Come January 2021, he shouldn’t be an issue for Hollywood anymore, however with scenes like this one from Black-ish, it’s onerous to think about any of them overcoming Trump Derangement Syndrome any time quickly.
Dre: “You see, what looks like an extended, lengthy, very long time in the past, however actually was only a yr in the past, America bought a brand new boss. Let’s name him the Shady King. And when the Shady King got here, although he scared the (bleep) out of Daddy, Daddy and Dave Chapelle have been keen to offer him an opportunity… When this dude stated he didn’t consider in political correctness, giving him an opportunity was more durable than you assume. I imply, the Shady King was even scarier than Daddy might ever think about. This sucker needed to construct a wall between us and our neighbors. He appeared to have personal conferences with our enemies. And when it got here to his topics some thought that the Shady King seemed to be out of contact with what they wanted. And a few individuals felt he cared extra about trophies than his topics… I’m probably not positive how we bought right here, however I believe it began in 2008 with this man who individuals say is rather like your daddy. Let’s name him Prince Barry…the individuals of the dominion noticed Prince Barry’s reign as an indication that the dominion was altering, and it felt good. So good, the truth is, that the individuals of the dominion began searching for different issues to vary… And it seems that everybody was not a fan of various. There have been lots of people within the kingdom who weren’t comfortable about these adjustments and needed to vary them again. They thought they have been being ignored. And you realize who wasn’t ignoring them? That’s proper. The Shady King.
Feats of Power
These being stated, not each present bowed to the liberal elite this yr. Blue Bloods on CBS stood as much as the BLM crowd by having a season premiere that didn’t insist that the police are full of gun-toting racists. The truth is, the present defended the dignity of cops within the face of a BLM supporter. Though Blue Bloods has a behavior of defending regulation enforcement, it’s nonetheless nothing in need of a Christmas miracle that we’ve got this scene.
Frank: Please have a seat.
Regina: Thanks. Hear, I… Might have gone just a little overboard in the present day. I do not need you to assume I am attempting to begin a struggle with you.
Frank: Hey, we’re good.
Frank: Yeah. The reality is, I get pleasure from preventing with you. However, Regina, what precisely are we preventing about this time?
Regina: About– and you are not gonna like this– the NYPD being on trial.
Frank: Properly, since you’re placing it on trial. And, by the way in which, everyone seems to be entitled to a vigorous protection, even my individuals.
Regina: Do you actually not see what is going on on right here?
Frank: I do. Each single cop is being painted with the identical brush. And when anybody in my rank and file conducts themself in a means that’s not worthy of the uniform, they get handled.
Regina: Each cop is carrying the identical uniform, so should you get stopped strolling whereas Black, how are you aware which one is strolling up on you?
Frank: Okay, how’s a cop to know what he is strolling up on? See, that fuse will get lit each methods. No less than we will agree on that.
Regina: I want you to get your cops in test.
Frank: Fantastic, so long as we will hold the criminals in test. You bought a strategy to do each?
Regina: You might have criminals in your ranks.
Frank: Boy… Regina, it’s essential get your head out of your ass.
Regina: Do not speak to me like that.
Though Trump continues to be the butt of each unfunny joke, Democrats didn’t fully escape Hollywood’s wrath. The truth is, greater than as soon as, an apparent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez stand-in character got here off as mistaken at greatest and evil at worst. Amazon Prime’s The Boys revealed their AOC character to be a secret supervillain accountable for a number of horrible murders. Even the totally anti-Trump Netflix collection Space Force featured a scene placing their AOC-like congresswoman in her place.
Sadly, abortion was nonetheless a preferred subject on 2020 TV. Regardless of that, we had a number of exhibits acknowledge the worth of unborn life. Reality shows, HBO dramas, and even shows about lesbians couldn’t assist however concede that there’s life within the womb or on the very least acknowledge abortion can scar a girl. The perfect instance involves us courtesy of NBC’s Chicago P.D. which had a girl acknowledge her unborn child by her ultrasound pictures.
Ruzek: You realize I prefer it while you come all the way down to my neighborhood. You sound just a little off on the cellphone. Every little thing… You went to the physician? Alone?
Burgess: Yeah. Sorry, I needed to go alone, I–sorry.
Ruzek: It is okay. I–can I see?
Ruzek: No, it’s–it’s just– I do not know. You realize all people at all times says that these items are identical to fuzzy clouds, which you can’t make something out, however… That is positively our child.
Burgess: Yeah. I heard the heartbeat.
Burgess: Yeah. Like, I am–I am actually having a child.
Ruzek: Yeah. You realize in some unspecified time in the future we’re gonna have to speak about how that is all gonna work. You realize, what it is gonna imply for us, what it will seem like.
Burgess: I do know.
Ruzek: You realize, and I just– Hey, hey, hey, hey. After we have been collectively, you realize, we at all times stated that we might—
Completely happy Festivus and Merry Christmas!